Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Beginner MVC4 Web API : Learning 1


It’s been long time since I have not been writing much here. Finally I got time to write something on technology. I installed VS2012 professional and I took a first look of MVC4 framework web API. I don’t know how much application architect will see this framework to work as per business need. It depends upon the requirement in all aspects such performance, scalability, usability, availability, maintainability etc. All these factors play a crucial role in deciding the adoption of any architectural model or framework. Same goes with data architect and so on. Well my take is always a model view presenter as I’ve been developing all my application from my career start in MVP. Now it’s time to change and change is always good. Everyone wants you to know and use MVC.

I followed the tutorial online which helped me understand the basic.

Why MVC?

·         Clean URL

·         Loosely Coupled-Separation of concerns

·         Restful Service

·         Make use of Web API.Json, Jquery and Javascript and lot

·         Mobile platform

·         Best for Unit testing

·         Flexible GUI/UI design.

·         Efficient Search engine Optimization

Some known characters in MVC framework..I will not spend time talking much about the underlined definitions of MVC and all . I would rather like one to know few important key things that are must.

1)      MVC 4 framework development using Razor and Scalfold templates.

2)      MVC4 Web API using JQuery, Json and JavaScript.

3)      MVC4 Filters, Routing, bundles and Web API configuration.


If one tries to understand above construct in much better form then it’s much easier to grasp the overall learning of MVC 4 framework. Thanks GOD I started now as many revolutionary changes have been done from MVC1 to MVC4. Hopefully I neither want to go in past nor want to understand the flaws or round way of doing things.

Recommendation is to try below references to self start.



·         http://www.asp.net/mvc/mvc4

·         http://www.asp.net/web-api

·         http://www.asp.net/mvc



Guru Mantra: A one video walktrough in your phone can help you touch base technology to place you better in this world.

Download Learning Videos:


Wanna take break just Listen to this, Hotel California by eagles.


No comments :